PLDT is one of the most popular Internet service providers in the Philippines. PLDT stands for Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company. It is most likely that 90% of your friends and family are using PLDT internet service. In this article, I’m going to guide you to change PLDT WiFi password, step-by-step.
PLDT has two modems, white and black. The process to change PLDT wifi password on both the modems are the same.
Where to find the PLDT Fiber WiFi Admin Password?
If you are using the white modem, you’ll find the default WiFi password inside the modem. And for the black one, the password is on the backside of the modem itself.
Changing PLDT WiFi password is the same as changing the password of all other internet providers. First, you need to login to their router setup page and from there you can control everything. You’ll find the detailed step-by-step guide on how to change/ set a WiFi password of PLDT below.
Change PLDT WiFi Password: Step-by-step Guide
- Connect to the PLDT WiFi using the default password. Check the third paragraph of this article to know how to find PLDT default WiFi Password
- Now type 192.168.1.1 on your address bar or http://pldthomewifisettings.net and hit enter
- If you get a security notification saying “Your connection is not private”, click on the Advanced option below and click on the “Proceed to pldthomewifisettings.net (unsafe)” link
- Once you are logged in to the router setup page, click on the Settings option
- On the Settings page, click on the WiFi Settings option from the left sidebar
- From the WiFi Settings page, you’ll be able to change your WiFi network name, password, bandwidth, security mode, and more.
- Type a new password on the Password box and click on Apply.
That’s it. Now you’ll be able to use the newly set password to use your PLDT WiFi network.
This is how you can change PLDT WiFi password, you can also download their Android and iOS apps to manage your WiFi networks from your smartphone. The apps are available to download for free from the App Store.