Enye (Ñ or ñ) is one of the Spanish influences on Philippine culture. You can spot the letter Enye (ñ) on the names like Las Piñas, Parañaque, Niña, and more. The letter Enye (ñ) is available in the modern Filipino alphabet but it is still missing in the keyboards of modern electronics. Here we’ll show you how to type the letter Enye (ñ) on your smartphone or computer.
There is no dedicated button on the keyboard for the letter Enye (ñ), you’ll need to use some combination to make the letter pop on your screen. Here you’ll find all the possible ways to type the letter ñ or Ñ.
How to type ñ/Ñ on Windows 10
Does your laptop’s keyboard have Numpad? You’ll need to follow different methods for the keyword with Numpad and keyboard without Numpad.
- Make sure that your Numpad is activated, press the Num Lock key to activate and disable Numpad
- Now hold down the Alt key and type 164 or 0241 for the letter ñ
- To insert Ñ, hold down the Alt key and type 165 or 0209
- ñ: Alt + 164 or 0241
- Ñ: Alt + 165 or 0209
- Click on the Windows icon or press the Windows key on your keyboard
- Scroll down or search for Windows Accessories > Character Map, click on it
- You’ll find the letter Enye (ñ) at the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Now double click on ñ or Ñ and then click on the copy button
- Now you can paste the letter Ñ or ñ anywhere you want
Of course, you can copy the letter Enye from here: ñ, Ñ
Type Enye (ñ) on Microsoft Word (Windows)
You can easily type the letter Enye on MS Word by following these steps:
- Press Ctrl, Shift, and ~ (tilde) keys at the same time
- Once done, release all the keys
- Now typing an N (shift + n) or n will create an Ñ or ñ
How to type Enye on MacBook or macOS
Typing the letter Enye is a lot easier on mac.
- Hold the Option key and press N key, this will create the ˜ (tilde symbol)
- Now without doing anything Type N or n again to get Ñ or ñ
This method will work on all Mac devices including iMac, MacBook, etc.
How to type Enye on Linux/ Ubuntu
Follow the steps mentioned below to type Ñ or ñ on your Linux/ Ubuntu running system:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + U at the same time
- Once done, release the keys
- Now type 00d1 to insert Ñ or 00f1 to insert ñ
- Press the space bar and you are done
How to type Enye on Smartphone
iOS and Android both OS doesn’t have a dedicated ñ letter button. But you can type the letter ñ just like any other letter by following the steps mentioned below:
To type the letter ñ or Ñ on your iPhone or iPad, tap and hold the n or N key. Now it’ll give you a popup with the letter ñ or Ñ. Choose the letter according to your need and release your finger. That’s how easy it is to type Enye on iOS devices.
The iOS and Android processes are the same for typing the letter Enye. To type the letter Ñ or ñ on your Android device, tap and hold the n or N key and it’ll give you a popup with the letter ñ or Ñ, choose the letter and release your finger to get the letter Enye.
That’s how you can type letter Enye on your Smartphone or Computer. If you know any other shortcut to type ñ or Ñ on any of the devices, please feel free to le us know.